Thursday, August 15, 2013

Positivity, Pressure, and Time

My last post gave you a background on the journey I have been on, and I’m trying to not look back as much and look forward to where I’m going. Many times it is important to look back and see where you’ve been…to learn from the past for the purpose of bettering yourself and your circumstances. In my case it is even more important to not dwell on the past though and move forward to the future. Because it is a new day after all. DDP posted something Arthur Ashe said, “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”

And my future is bright…and I am positive about it.

In reading my last post, I think at times I came across a bit negative about the past battles I had fought. I think perhaps I had  looked back too much. I am reaching forward, and hitting milestones constantly. For starters, I have worked out 6 days a week since July 8th. I have never been that consistent. The amazing thing is, I have many more distractions now with having 2 toddlers in to than I ever dreamed of having the last time I started  DDPYOGA. My buddy Brian is the number one reason for my consistency in spite of the noise. I’m required to text him what workout I did every day. I also email him my food journal every day. This is accountability folks. It’s something I heard Stacey Morris talking about the other night on DDPRadio. She mentioned how Teri had been both her inspiration and accountability partner. As you can see on Stacey Morris' website, the results speak for themselves.

And it’s working. I’m seeing results. For example. I can hold my 300+ pound body up for a 9 count plank position on ENERGY. When I began, I would have to be on my knees. I would also have to go to my knee at certain points-now I only have to go to my knee on the Twisting Lunge…which I’m now able to hold up for a couple of seconds.

My diet is making me feel worlds better. I have looser pants. I have more energy throughout the day.

I feel like Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption slowly chipping away at his cell wall with a little rock hammer. As Red said in the movie, “Geology is the study of pressure and time. That’s all it takes, really, pressure, and time.”

Ready to keep up the pressure. And willing to take the time…whatever may come.

2 comments:

  1. You got this! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! I appreciate your encouragement.You keep at it too!!

    And anyone else reading this, please check out her blog...the link is on the right hand side of my page.

    ReplyDelete