Friday, September 6, 2013

NOTHING BUT WIN!

This week was a huge WIN for me. I have been plugging along averaging under 2 pounds every week. I’ve been making a focused effort lately on having less modifications with my workouts and trying not to eat past 6PM every night. The 6PM idea came from Diamond Dallas Page on DDPRadio last week when he was answering a caller’s question about hitting plateaus.

A funny thing happened: I actually ate more at suppertime than I have been eating. I believe there is absolutely something to the 6PM thing. It gives your body a chance to burn calories while you sleep. The toughest part for me is that I start getting cravings about 9PM every day. Water with a bit of lime juice and stevia has been quite the savior for me during those cravings.

HERE WAS MY WIN: One week, four pounds! Me? Four pounds? I had weeks where I have worked like a dog doing 6 days straight of these DDPYOGA workouts and maintained my weight. During those weeks, in my mind it wasn’t adding up. How could I be working this hard and not seeing returns? In fact, my very first week I maintained my weight! I have been on programs where I did no workout at all and lost 10 pounds the first week.

But in retrospect, it all makes sense. I have been working out muscles I rarely have used. Muscle is being torn down and built back up. There is no way I was losing muscle because I always get the right amount of protein. Now my body is trying to maintain the muscle, and what’s coming off? FAT.

HERE’S MY ADVICE: No matter where you are-If you are having diminishing returns, if you have slow week after slow week, or even if you’ve gained a bit. DON’T GIVE UP. DON’T QUIT. One day you’ll have a victory that will make it all worthwhile.

Follow me on twitter @thinmanwithin

No comments:

Post a Comment